Friday 13 January 2017

New Feature in Bill"s Bible Basics Poetry Section



I am pleased to announce a new feature in the poetry section of the Bill"s Bible Basics website at http://www.billkochman.com/Poetry. As many of you will know, on each individual poem page, below the Bible Study Resources links section, there is a left-pointing red arrow and link which will take you back to the main page of WordWeaver"s Original Christian Poetry.

However, what if you want to continue reading other related poems which cover the same topic?

Well, I am happy to say that now you can. :)

As you can see in this graphic, I have added a second right-pointing blue arrow and link to all current 465 individual poem pages. While the link that is next to the red arrow will take you to the top of the main poetry page -- where the poem categories are all listed -- the link that is next to the blue arrow will take you to the main poetry page as well, BUT, then it will automatically scroll you down to the same poetry category for the poem that you just read, without you doing anything. That way, you can choose another poem to read that covers that same general subject matter.

IMPORTANT: Please note that, thus far, I have only completed the first 36 of the current 93 poem categories; that is, from the "Abortion & Children" category to the "Gay & Lesbian Agenda" category. That covers just about 180 of the total 465 poems.

I will try to complete the links for the remaining 285 poems during the next day or two. It is rather tedious work, and gets my eyes tired. Being as each poem belongs to its own category, I have to edit each individual poem page manually. While a global search and replace worked to add the new text, blue arrow and HTML code for the link, in this case, it won"t work, for the reason I just explained to you. Thus, I have to do 465 HTML pages, one at a time, and make sure I link each poem properly to the right category link.

Please also note that ALL 465 pages already have both the red and blue arrows on them below the Bible Study Resources links. However, because I haven"t completed my work yet on 285 pages, both arrows on those unfinished 285 pages do the same thing. In other words, they will both take you to the top of the main poetry page where the poem categories are located.

In short, just remember that on any poem/poem page that is found in the first 36 poem categories, BOTH the red and blue arrow links will work properly, but not on any of the other 285 pages I haven"t ccmpleted yet.

Simply enough? :)

Okay . . . I am wiped out now and I am going to bed. Adios!

No comments :

Post a Comment